StartUp Grind is the largest global community for entrepreneurs. Each month they discuss a different topic and bring out different guests. June 19th will focus on Cryptocurrency. My name is Grey Jabesi, The host of The Grey Ave Podcast which is the top podcast in South Africa as far as crypto. I'm also involved with a number of entrepreneurial communities including Startup Grind hence this event.
June 19th is going to be an exciting day for Crypto in South Africa. I had a chance to propose to StartUp Grind's director in Johannesburg to make June's event about Cryptocurrency. She welcomed the idea since Crypto is currently a big topic in South Africa and they haven't done an event of this type before. They also gave me the responsibility to choose the main speaker as well as a four man panel for the day. Within my network, I managed to pull out a great panel of notable people in the space. Some of them, which I've had on my podcast before.
Who are the speakers at the event?
Here is a list of people I have managed to get to speak at the event:
1) Roger Ver (Introduction) - He wont be able to make it in person but he will do a skype talk live.
2) Dan van de ghinste (Main speaker) - Co-founder of Blockstarters(The first and only Blockchain incubator in South Africa) http://www.blockstarters.com/
3) Shakes Motshilili (Panel)- Founder of Aziza Coin (The first SARS(Tax man) endorsed crypto in South Africa), Co-Founder of Africa New Energies)
4) Tawanda Kembo (Panel) - Founder of Golix (The only Crypto exchange in Zimbabwe)
5) Mpho Dagada (Panel) - Crypto investor and educator. Also Author of Mr Bitcoin.
5) Grey Jabesi, myself as host of the panel.
The agenda "Beyond Bitcoin" is meant to introduce the audience to the whole world of cryptocurrency. When most people read or hear the word "Cryptocurrency", they usually think of the concept of Bitcoin. So we want to discuss other applications of Blockchain technology and how Africa can take advantage of this new technology.
The event will be recorded on both video and audio.
Why Smartcash should get Involved?
I love and support smartcash and this event is covering other use cases of cryoticurrency and smartcash is a good example. I think this event will be a great place for good exposure as well. I will have sometime to speak and I will host the panel so I will talk about Smartcash. Imagine me in a Smartcash tshirt on stage.
Myself and my team are based in Cape Town but since we'll be in Johannesburg for 5 days. We'll do the following community bulding activities:
- After event dinner with the speakers etc (Invite only)
- I will work with one of the Alexandra radio host to do alive smartcash competetion on radio
- SmartCash beers on Friday the 22 of June
- Cape Town Bitcoin Banter group meetup on Sunday the 24th of June
Blockstarters is the first and only blockchain inclubator in South africa. They have open space for blockchain startups to work in as well as educational facilities including a mining farm. I wanna get a Smartnode running there so that whenever people visit to learn about mining, they also get exposed to smartcash and it's nodes.
Startup grind johannesburg: https://www.startupgrind.com/johannesburg/ (FYI, this event will be listed next month on their website)
My podcast: http://www.greyjabesi.com/thepodcast/
|Date||Amount (US$)||Amount (Σ)||Description||Status|
|May 27, 2018||2,000.00||42,738.07 *||Tshirt Printing||-|
|May 30, 2018||500.00||10,684.52 *||Banner printing||-|
|June 04, 2018||2,500.00||53,422.59 *||Flights, Accommodation, car rentals||-|
|June 21, 2018||1,300.00||27,779.75 *||Video and photographers||-|
|June 22, 2018||1,100.00||23,505.94 *||Smartcash Beers and||-|
|June 24, 2018||650.00||13,889.87 *||Extra staff (Models)||-|
|June 27, 2018||1,500.00||32,053.56 *||Smartnode Building at Blockstarters Blockchain incubator||-|
|June 29, 2018||600.00||12,821.42 *||$10 Smart give aways||-|
|Address||Voting Power||Vote||Is Valid|